Home > Uncategorized > And Then There Was Snow [Storm Nemo]

And Then There Was Snow [Storm Nemo]

February 10, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

Why all of a sudden they started naming all those snow storms? Those weather channel folks clearly think that we don’t have enough drama in our lives, and decided to add a little more.

Yes, there was a lot of snow, and there was wind. I believe Central Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island got the worst of it – I never heard of 3 feet of snow before in those areas. For us here in Stamford on the coast – it was a lot of snow – about 20 inches  (a bit more than half a meter), but it was no unique. Just to give an idea – here are few pictures – whatever I could snap yesterday morning before taking shovel in my hands.

DSC_0151

I think that seat is occupied?

DSC_0155

DSC_0147

does it look like a cupcake, or is it only me?

does it look like a cupcake, or is it only me?

DSC_0150

I think this picture gives the best idea about amount of snow – look at the bench in the corner

DSC_0153

Aren’t they look cool?

DSC_0152

Pine trees and snow – does anything spells “winter” in more classical way?

That’s all I have for you. Stay warm, and have a glass of whatever your heart desires (will be coffee for me right now). Cheers!

1. February 10, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I know, right?! Yesterday I have been shoveling like crazy. Good thing I also had a snow blower. Where we are we got 26 inches!
    Nice photographs: they certainly tell the story 🙂
    Stay warm!

February 10, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Thanks, Stefano. We also have a snow blower, we got it from the friends who didn’t need it anymore – it is quite old and cranky… Have to thank a neighbor for coming over with his snow blower and helping us…

Still, it was fun – but I don’t want to do it again any time soon : )

February 10, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I have a friend who lives in Shelton, and they got about 3 feet. I hope you all stay warm, and don’t have too much of a mess when it melts.

February 10, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Yeah, 3 feet is totally mind boggling… We are good so far! Will see how the melting will be going down…

3. February 10, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Wow that is a lot of snow! Not even in Munich we have that much. I heard it on the news though, that the East Coast got hit pretty hard by Nemo. I hope nobody in your area lost electricity. I heard that happened some places because to the snow storm.
    As always, your pictures are amazing.

February 10, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Julian, thank you for your kind words, glad you like the pictures. The east coast was hit pretty hard – but I would dare to say that this is nothing compare to Sandy…

• February 10, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Yes Sandy was for sure worse than Nemo. It seems though that the East Coast has had lots of bad luck with natural disasters.

4. February 10, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Send some down south 80 degrees in Miami sorry 🙂

• February 10, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Oh Man! That hurts! 🙂

February 10, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Well, I think snow in Miami would really make it for a national disaster. Don’t think people in Miami can handle anything less than 60, so be careful what you wish for : )

5. February 10, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Beautiful – as long as you don’t have to go anywhere! We haven’t had any snow yet this winter!

February 10, 2013 at 7:49 pm

yep – we were lucky to get it over the weekend. There is bright side to everything, right? : )

6. February 11, 2013 at 7:43 am

We got all of an inch. Crippling….
    Pouring down rain here right now—hope it does not become snow for you guys up there!

February 11, 2013 at 7:44 am

it is expected to rain here later on to – but for now we are expecting freezing rain, which is even worse than snow, in my opinion