Home > Holidays > Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah!

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah!

November 28, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

It never happened before, and it might never happen again – but today, on Thursday, November 28 2013, we are celebrating Thanksgiving and Hannukah at the same time.

Thanksgiving si all about family, friends and food – and about being thankful for what we have. Hanukkah, often called the Festival of Lights, in the end of the day is also all about the family and opportunity to be together. If you celebrate one or both, Happy Holidays to you and your families. Even if you don’t celebrate these holidays, you can still get together with your friends and families and enjoy each other’s company.

I just want to leave you with a few pictures – and the report about our festivities will be forthcoming.

Happy Holidays and cheers!

Hanukkah Candles

Thanksgiving Collage

Thanksgiving Collage

November 28, 2013 at 11:50 am

I love the photo and the collage! I don’t know how you had time to be creative with 2 holidays happening at once, but good job. 🙂 I hope the holidays are wonderful for you all.

November 28, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Thanks, Patty! The collage is easy, I’m using a program which allows you to easily create the collage from the set of pictures. In the first photo is my youngest daughter, and it is taken about 7 years ago with a very simple camera. Somehow I felt inclined to share it to day, as it is one of my favorites. Cheers!

• PSsquared
        November 28, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I love the subtle nature of the first one. It’s a great photo. It seems sincere, like she’s really contemplating the menorah. Very sweet. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

2. November 28, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Happy Thanksgivukkah!

November 28, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family!

3. November 28, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Happy Thanksgiving and Hanukkah, it really is a rare occurrence for both holidays to be on the same day. Hope you and your family have a wonderful day.

November 28, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Thank you Suzanne! Happy Holidays!

4. November 28, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Happy Hanukkah and Thanksgiving, i am curious which wines you are celebrating with. 😉

November 28, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Thank you! There are quite a few – Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau, Evening Land Beaujolais (simple one), Krupp Brothers Marsanne (it is from CA, spectacular in my opinion), Turley Zinfandel, Sandeman 2003 Vintage port, and whatever else people will bring 🙂

5. November 29, 2013 at 12:13 am

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah to you and family, Anatoli!

November 30, 2013 at 8:01 am