Home > Tempranillo, wine quiz > Weekly Wine Quiz #35: What is Missing?

Weekly Wine Quiz #35: What is Missing?

November 3, 2012 Leave a comment Go to comments

It is Saturday, people, and therefore it is time for the wine quiz!

Next Thursday, November 8th, will be an International Tempranillo day. As Tempranillo makes some of my all time favorite wines, I think it would be only appropriate to dedicate this quiz to the Spain’s “noble” grape.

When I was thinking about this post, I went over a lot of interesting facts about Tempranillo, and I couldn’t come up with the right question or a set of questions to ask. As I didn’t come up with the straightforward question, I will have to ask you for the straightforward answer (my logic is perfect, isn’t it).

Below is a group of numbers which have a direct relationship to the Tempranillo. You will need to figure out what those numbers mean and tell me what two numbers are missing and why do you think they should be there:

1934, 1948, 1952, 1955, 1958, ?, 1982, 1994, 1995, ? 2004, 2005, 2010, 2011

If you like Tempranillo wines this quiz will not be too difficult.

Have a great weekend and good luck! Cheers!

1. November 3, 2012 at 10:43 am

I’ll go with 1970 and 2001. If these are the right answers, no need to say why and spoil the fun. If these are the wrong answers, well, then I have no clue….

November 3, 2012 at 10:48 am

These are definitely very good answers. Are these also the right answers? You will need to wait until Wednesday to find out…

Thanks for playing!

November 3, 2012 at 11:36 am

I have no idea, which means order has been restored to my wine blog world. I look forward to learning something new when the answers are published. 🙂

November 3, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Sorry, I didn’t mean to make it hard… I was kind of out of time, and couldn’t come up with anything better… You know, the answer can be only as good as the question is – I will see how I can come up with the better questions…

• PSsquared
        November 3, 2012 at 4:49 pm

No, it’s an excellent quiz for those who know such things. I am learning a lot! 🙂

3. November 3, 2012 at 8:05 pm

the numbers represent Rioja vintages – Rioja is mostly produced with Tempranillo grapes.

The numbers missing are 1970 and 2001.
    Some say that the 1970 vintage for Rioja wines was the best vintage of the century.
    Statistics say that no other vintage offers more high-quality Riojas than 2001.
    Both vintages (1970) and 2001 are in the list of “Excellent rated” Rioja vintages.

November 3, 2012 at 11:51 pm