Home > wine quiz > Weekly Wine Quiz #51 – Hiding in the Plain Sight, Part 2

Weekly Wine Quiz #51 – Hiding in the Plain Sight, Part 2

It is Saturday again, therefore, it is time for the wine quiz!

I want to continue the theme of the previous wine quiz #50, where you were supposed to find as many wine and winery names as possible in a small fragment of [poorly written] fictional dialog. The quiz seemed to be successful, but it happened to be focused mostly on California wines. Below you will find the text where I really made an effort to include the wines from all over the world. Just to give you some clues – it is possible that some of the words will lead to multiple wine/winery names – you will need to name at least one. Also, a lot of words (but not all) below will be a part of the two-word wine/winery name  – you will need to name the full two-word name for it to count. To give you an example – if you would see the name Phelps in the text, the right answer would be Joseph Phelps, as it is an official name of the California winery. Capish? I thought so. Last note – it is okay to use Goggle – I think it will be a fun game in any case. Let’s proceed.

– Hey, Gloria, Mr. Giribaldi is here. You really have to tell me if you are going to Sicilia with him. The ticket will cost only $890. Your aunt Elena and cousin Ben will be excited to see you. Your great-grand aunt Olga is turning hundred! Everybody will be there. Remember Livio, the blue eyed boy? He was such a little angel… Anyway, he is coming with Virginia, and I’m sure you will have lots of catching up to do.

– okay, mom, I will go. By the way, if you see Kay, tell him that I’m through with him.

Again, there should be more than ten wines (and I will also wait for someone to tell me about the wines I even didn’t know exist) – but even if you can’t find any – your comment will be loved in any case.

Good luck, have fun, have a great weekend and cheers!

1. March 23, 2013 at 10:40 am

This is tough…I only recognize Mario Giribaldi…and it is too early to start google-ing for me…you know by now that I am lazy…:)

March 23, 2013 at 12:21 pm

thanks for playing! You can continue later : )

2. March 24, 2013 at 8:05 pm

I have no clue.. Looking forward to the answers.

March 24, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Ouch, I was really hoping I’m making it easier this time… Have I really over-done it that badly?

As an example, let me give you an answer for one of the wines in the text. One of the names in the text is “Ben” – how about “Ben Rye” as an answer?
      Oh well, the answer are coming on Wednesday in any case : )

• March 24, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Ok I see what you mean.
        I wasn’t exactly sure how it works. Thanks for the example. I think were only looking for wines but I also found a few wineries.

Gloria Ferrer Winery
        Mario Giribaldi
        La Rioja Alta 890 Gran Reserve
        Sant’Elena
        Ben Rye
        Tenuta Donna Olga
        Dark Hundred Wine Cellars
        Livio Felluga
        Angel Vine Wine
        Mommy Juice Wine
        If You See Kay

That’s all I found 🙂

March 24, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Thanks for playing! You did pretty well, especially including the wines I never heard of (but it was rather expected). The answer is coming on Wednesday.

3. March 24, 2013 at 8:30 pm

I wanted to say “I think you were only looking for wines”
    Sorry for the typo!

4. March 24, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I’ll give it a go: If you say kay, La Rioja Alta 890 Gran reserve, Ben Rye, Livio Felluga, Giribaldi,

March 24, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Thanks for playing! The answer is coming on Wednesday.

1. March 27, 2013 at 8:44 pm