Home > wine quiz > Weekly Wine Quiz #50 – Hiding In The Plain Sight

Weekly Wine Quiz #50 – Hiding In The Plain Sight

And yet another week is becoming a history – but – the weekend is still mostly ahead of us, and – the new wine quiz is here!

As you probably noticed, my wine quiz themes are usually pretty random. Very often, I have no idea what the quiz will be all about before I sit down to write it. Or in many cases, I think I know what the quiz will be all about, only to change the idea completely right before I will start writing it.

This was the case today – I actually had the idea, which I thought was somewhat decent – but then different idea came to mind, and now the first one will have to wait for its time.

In today’s quiz, you will need to look for some wines – the wine names, to be more precise. Below is a little fragment from he unwritten fiction, which I’m sure will help you to appreciate that I’m only writing the wine blog and not the novels. In this fragment, there are many wine names, hiding in the plain sight. Can you find them?

– Hey, Justin, see that skinny girl standing there?

-Which one, the one in the “to the rescue” t-shirt, almost naked?

– No, the other one, with the cupcake in her left hand.

– Ahh, that is Patrina, she is one of the three girls in the Bryant family, the middle sister. Let me introduce you.

– Hey, Patrina, please meet my friend Kris – he is the worshiper of Orpheus, the poet.

I’m sure SAHMmelier would execute this better, considering her writing talents (take a look at her poem), but I honestly tried.

I will give you a hint – there are at least ten wines ( actually more, but okay) hiding in that little dialog – so get your magnifying glass and start looking. But please, don’t feel bad if you will find only one or even none – it is your comment that matters, even if you only want to say “hi”.

Good luck and enjoy both the quiz and your weekend! Answers are coming on Wednesday. Cheers!

Categories: wine quiz Tags: ,
  1. March 16, 2013 at 10:35 am

I came up with 15/16:
    Justin, Skinny Girl, Rescue, Naked, The Other (made by Peirano), Cupcake, Left-Hand (A brewery that makes barley wine), Ahh, Patrina (made by Alban), 3 Girls, Bryant Family, Middle Sister, Kris, Orpheus, the Poet (Cosentino), and there is also a wine called the “Dirt Worshipper” by Denner, but I am not sure if that counts.

March 16, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Great work, Jeff! right now I can only tell you that Dirt Worshiper doesn’t count – I was considering it, but really full name of the wine should be present. Answers are coming on Wednesday.

2. Zak

Kris
    Orpheus
    The poet
    Patrina
    The other

March 16, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Excellent work, Zak! Answers are coming on Wednesday.

3. March 16, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words. I’ll dig into this today!

March 16, 2013 at 11:13 pm

my pleasure!

March 16, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I have enjoyed Cupcake and Middle Sister. That was a fun quiz!

March 16, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Great! Thanks for playing! Answers are coming on Wednesday.

5. March 16, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Hi! Ok, with no googling, just off the top of my head, and without reading the other comments, I knew Skinny Girl wines, Naked Winery, The Other and Cupcake. I clearly need to get out more… 🙂

March 16, 2013 at 11:17 pm

great, thanks for playing! Answers are coming on Wednesday.

6. March 16, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I swear to Bacchus . . . I didn’t Google this:

Justin
    Skinny Girl
    Rescue (Red)
    Naked (Grape) — I’ve tasted this. It was, um, memorable. And not in a good way.
    The Other — was very impressed with this wine when I tried it!
    Cupcake
    Left Hand (guessing here . . . the left-handed cupcake seemed important)
    Patrina
    Three Girls
    Bryant Family
    Middle Sister
    Kris
    Orpheus

Salud!!

March 16, 2013 at 11:20 pm

excellent work! Regarding Naked – Snoqualmie from Washington has series of wines called Naked. I had their Riesling and Syrah, and both were quite good in my opinion. Anyway, the answers are coming on Wednesday.

7. March 16, 2013 at 7:37 pm

The ones I know are Naked, Skinny Girl, Justin, Cupcake…and that was it. I just don’t know my American wines well…:)

March 16, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Excellent answer, Oliver. I agree that the current version is really slated towards American wines – I will see if I can play the same with more of a European angle…

1. March 20, 2013 at 8:56 am