Home > wine quiz > Weekly Wine Quiz #38 – Children’s Game With Wine Labels

Weekly Wine Quiz #38 – Children’s Game With Wine Labels

November 24, 2012 Leave a comment Go to comments

It was clearly too much turkey, my friends – I couldn’t come up with anything super-creative for this wine quiz, so I decided to go with children’s game of “find the differences”.

When we arrived to the friend’s house on Wednesday, I spotted two bottles of Chateauneuf-du-Pape which looked absolutely identical at the first sight:

Little by little, I was able to realize many differences between these two wines – I wonder how many differences can you think of? Just to give you a few hints, don’t pay attention to the colors of the labels (color difference is just an effect of lighting, they really look absolutely identical in real life), and think about the wine as a whole when you will be answering this question.

Have fun and enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend. Cheers!

November 24, 2012 at 4:11 pm

The words at the top of each label are different, but my French is a bit rusty… 😉 BTW, the first wine I ever had that I liked was a Chateauneuf-du-Pape. I had it when I was visiting friends in England. They may have spoiled me. Cheers!

November 25, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Not a bad choice for sure for the first wine to like – a lot of CdP are very good wines!

2. November 24, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Ha, this is kind of fun: one is fiacre du pape and the other one is tiare imperiale. I have never had either, but generally like chateauneuf du pape. So, how were they???

November 24, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Thank you for the comment and for playing! Both wines were quite good – more details will be coming out on Wednesday with the answer.

3. November 25, 2012 at 1:14 am

1) The two wines have different names (Tiare Imperaile & La Fiacre du Pape
    2) Alcohol by volume is different
    3) The right label appears to be taller than the left label

How many differences are you looking for in total?

November 26, 2012 at 11:44 am

This is weird – I thought I responded many times on this… These are all good points, but can you speculate a bit a look beyond the label ?

• November 28, 2012 at 8:49 am

I tried it again but don’t really understand what you’re aiming at. Looking forward to the answer 🙂

1. November 28, 2012 at 11:46 am