Home > Life, What is it? > Just Want To Say “Hi”

Just Want To Say “Hi”

December 12, 2010 Leave a comment Go to comments

Sometimes, life just takes forceful precedence. I know what I want to write – but between business trip, my son birthday and other things, I simply don’t have time. So this is just to say “hi, I will be back with more stuff” ( whether you like it or not). And…let’s play a quick game. Below is the picture – please tell me what do you think it is. There will be no prize in the end, except that I will tell you if you are right or wrong. And yes, it is related to food. So, what is it?

Categories: Life, What is it?
  1. Emil
    December 12, 2010 at 10:57 am

Butternut squash 🙂

2. VK
    December 13, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Mocha cappuccino mousse in dark chocolate, taken out of the fridge about 25 mins ago 🙂

3. VK
    December 13, 2010 at 6:23 pm

I’ve been stuck in RDM (Redmond, OR) for the last… ohhhh, almost 10 hours… and won’t be out of here for another at least 4. Can we play more games? 🙂

4. VK
    December 13, 2010 at 7:13 pm

By the way, since you don’t have time for wine updates and I’m in a kind of opposite situation here, being stuck here in Oregon and having nothing BUT time, maybe I could use it to give a quick update of the wine that you had kindly recommended to me when I told you I would be in Oregon for a weekend.

Archery Summit (2006) Pinot Noir from the Arcus Estate isn’t the cheapest wine ($82 in Whole Foods, Bend, OR), but it is certainly worth this money. Not only it’s very smooth and just plain lovely tasting, it’s also very complex. Every sip felt like a masterpiece symphony in my mouth, starting with a bright and beautiful allegro full of violins led firmly by virtuoso pianist, changing for a beautiful moment into Andante Moderato, and then hitting you with all its majestic force of bass, piano, and violins with an amazing, completely unexpected finish.

Intrigued by your statement that Oregon Pinot Noirs are considered one of the best ones, I have also picked another bottle of Pinot at Whole Foods, which was half of a price of Archery Summit, but looked very promising based on the description and a couple reviews I looked up on my phone while browsing the wine section.

I was lucky to experience the 3890th bottle out of 4285 of Black Cap Pinot Noir made in the year of 2008. No, it was NOT a symphony like Archery Summit. This Pinot was a Chopin’s prelude performed by Van Cliburn… deep, overwhelmingly beautiful, masterfully performed, making you regret the moment when you stop feeling it and wanting to feel more, more, and more of it…

Pared with the local hard and soft cheeses, locally grown arugula, and… oh my! who knew one has to make it to Bend, OR to try the best French bread ever!, these two wines had certainly made my trip to Oregon not only more enjoyable but more memorable as well. Thank you very much for giving me this opportunity!

ps: Pinot Noir might be wonderful in Oregon, but it’s a Beer that Oregonians make a cult of out here 🙂

December 13, 2010 at 8:26 pm

WOW! You should start your own blog! I think you produced one of the best wine tasting notes I ever read! Bravo!

• Emil
      December 15, 2010 at 11:06 am

Agree with Tolya 100% here. Great review 🙂 Got me thinking would be cool to try to pair wine with a particular piece of music… Hmmm…

P.S. Tolya where is my prize? 🙂

5. talkavino
    December 15, 2010 at 12:31 pm

I guess it is time to say what it is on the picture. No it is not beer, as number of you thought. Emil is correct – it is fresh cut butternut squash.

As far as prize goes – yes, Emil, you are right! 🙂