Home > Bars and Restaurants, Life > Blogging as Life Happens – Hu Kitchen

Blogging as Life Happens – Hu Kitchen

One of the toughest questions I’m trying to ask myself all the time – is this experience worthy of a blog post? Things happen, you think they are important and you have to blog about it – but then new things come on top, and what seemed to be important doesn’t fell like that anymore. But it isn’t. Yes, we are moving along in life, and new experiences overshadow the past ones – thus it is important to capture things that happen as they happen, before they get out of site and out of mind.

Did I lose you already? Don’t worry, it is a short post, and I will bring you back.

I visited a very interesting place today – Hu Kitchen in Manhattan. What do you think “Hu” stands for? Hunan Garden, as many Chinese restaurants are called? Do you think it is actually a Chinese restaurant?

Nope. “Hu” stands for “Human”, and it is a place for the true and honest food. Gluten free. Refined sugar free. GMO free. But tasty. Very, very tasty.

I had breakfast Burrito. Here is how it is described on the menu:

Socca Wrap Burrito (Grain-free Garbanzo Wrap)
org egg, org turkey sausage, chili sauce

No, I don’t have a picture for you – but take  my word for it – delicious.

I got some chocolate to bring home. And for that, I have a picture:
DSC_0036 Chocolate barsThat Almond butter + puffed Quinva Chocolate bar was one of the absolute best ever ( and I love chocolate, believe me).

I want you to read what is says in the back:
DSC_0038

Yes, this is the part of Hu Kitchen’s philosophy. “It’s Time To Get Back To The Way Humans Ate Before Industry Ruined Food“. Amen.

I wish Hu Kitchen all possible luck and success. And if you are in Manhattan… well, you know what to do. See you at Hu[man] Kitchen. Cheers!

P.S. If anyone is interested in buying that chocolate, here is the link where you can order it online.

Hu Kitchen on Urbanspoon

1. June 5, 2013 at 11:18 am

I like it! The burrito sounds delicious. We have a restaurant somewhat similar near us. I was surprised at how good the food was, considering it was so healthy. Good for them.

June 5, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Have to admit, it was surprisingly delicious – I understand healthy food, but a lot of it just doesn’t taste right. The burrito I had was very, very tasty.

2. June 5, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Care to share?…what a refreshing change…no refined sugar? Love this.

June 5, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Absolutely, come on over! Their chocolate is not available online, unfortunately, they only sell at their store and in a few of the Whole Foods stores. But may be they can ship it to you? Send them an e-mail: info@hukitchen.com
      Cheers!

3. June 8, 2013 at 10:21 am

NYC has the best places to eat and fantastic farmers markets. C’mon Connecticut!! We have a few, but not as many as we should, nothing worse than getting a salad during the Summer and they aren’t using our local produce especially the heirloom tomatoes!!! Your burrito sounds delish :)

June 8, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Yes, that burrito was outstanding. I think now in CT you can find some farm to table restaurants, and I saw some good reviews on them. The farmers market which we have in Stamford – I never know how real they are…