Kreativ Blogger Award!
About 10 days ago I was pleasantly surprised with an e-mail from the fellow blogger, NJVinoman, telling me that he is nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award! If you are wondering why it took me so long to write this post – I agree with you, I wonder about that too. Nevertheless, I finally pushed myself, so here we go.
Let’s talk about the award first. As many things on Internet, the origin of this Kreativ Blogger award is not traceable – admittedly, I didn’t spend days and days trying to track it down, but quick Google search didn’t help to solve that. If I understand this award correctly, it is something which is passed from a blogger to a blogger, serving as acknowledgement of one’s work. Here are the rules which I was able to find:
The Kreativ Blogger award comes with the following rules:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
As I’m good at following the rules, let me do just that.
NJVinoman is writing the blog called Veni! Vidi! Vino!. I can’t, unfortunately, thank him by name (and you should read the “About” section of his blog to find out why), but I would like to thank NJVinoman very much for the nomination – I like reading his blog with precise and colorful reviews of the wines and his “Yay” or “Nay” recommendations.
You can see the Kreativ Blogger logo and the link to NJ Vinoman blog – so the rules 1, 2 and 3 are covered.
Now, 7 things about myself – this is where it gets tricky – can’t promise you that it will be super entertaining, but:
1. Procrastination is my worst enemy. To give you an example, I really wanted to start this blog in 2008, and it was not until the second half of 2010 when this blog started for real.
2. I always wanted to learn to play a guitar, but never did (at least not thus far).
3. I developed serious interest in wine about 10 years ago, after my doctor (Dr. Inga Tuluca) told me that I have two choices: start taking cholesterol-lowering pills or drink a glass of red wine every night. As you are reading this blog today, you can probably guess what choice I made…
4. I can cry in the movies (it doesn’t take that much to get me in that state) – of course I will never admit it.
5. Wine is a passion, or probably more accurately, an obsession – but I don’t work in the wine industry. I actually work for a hi-tech company.
6. I want to write a wine book (or books).
7. I can never name “one favorite thing” – not color, not wine, not book, not travel destination – there are way too many things which I can call “my favorite”.
Whew, that’s done – not an easy stuff to talk about oneself, and trying to keep it interesting ( have no idea how well did I do – you tell me).
Now, to the last part – nominate 7 bloggers. This part was also not easy at all. There are many well established blogs which I’m enjoying ( here is my list) – but those are “big guys”, well known and well acknowledged. With this Kreativ Blogger award, I would like to acknowledge a number of blogs which somewhat recently became a part of my daily reading routine and which I’m looking forward to every time the new post comes out. In no particular order, here are 7 blogs I would like to nominate for Kreativ Blogger award (there are many more well worthy blogs, but I have to play by the rules):
1. Cooking with Jeff and Cristina – I believe this is not the first blogging award nomination for Jeff and Cristina, who both write for this blog. I love getting great recipes and step by step photo guides almost every day. I really appreciate the fact that the recipes are simple and can be actually executed almost any day (10 hours prep – not my cup of tea).
2. OmNomCT – Another award-winning blog, this one written by Dan and Kristien. Great restaurant reviews (with mouth-watering pictures!), great events guide – Dan and Kristien happen to live in the same area of Connecticut where I live, so their events information comes very handy.
3. The Drunken Cyclist – If you haven’t read this blog yet, this is your loss ( good thing is – you can recover, just do yourself a favor, go read it today). Great writing, great style, great wines – even if you are not into wines, I guarantee you will like this blog.
4. In The Bodega – Writing from British Columbia, she gives you wealth of information about wines and life experiences – I guess this blog strikes a chord as this is what I’m trying to write about myself.
5. P’s Project 365ish – One picture per day – I love the simplicity of this concept. If you ever thought of having a new blog post every day, no matter short or long, it requires a lot of discipline. Patty is doing that, learning about her camera and she is enjoying glass of wine more often than not. Great combo!
6. SAHMMelier- Quoting the “About” section: “Wine lover. Oenophile. Wanna-be-sommelier. Mom. Mommy. MA-MAAAAA!!!!!!” . I perfectly understand the noble challenge of raising the kids and taking care of the family, and being able to find time for creative activities – I think SAHMMelier is doing great with that. I have only one wish for this blog – I want to see more posts!
7. Photo Botos – This blog is run by brothers Charlie and Tom, and it has a simple promise – one amazing photo per day. And this is an absolute truth – this blog never disappoints. Every morning I find one amazing picture in my inbox. If you are into photography at all – this blog is must see (I think “must subscribe” is a lot more precise).
I’m finally done! Now I desperately need a glass of wine ( hope you don’t believe me – I definitely need more than one glass of wine) – and if the wine will be good, you might even read about it here. I would like to thank again NJ Vinoman for giving me an opportunity to self-reflect. Cheers!